Highlands School Council
Our school council is made up of the Head Boy, Head Girl and eight children from years 3, 4, 5 and 6. To find our school council we hold an election in the autumn term so that each year group can vote two members onto the council – one boy and one girl.
Our aim as a school council is to improve our school and its environment by doing things to help our community. We do this by:
- being Playground Friends – looking after the play equipment, encouraging good play and kind behaviour, including children that have no one to play with and by helping to resolve disagreements;
- listening to the ideas and suggestions of the children and taking these to the school council;
- working with other schools in the area – we are part of the Bransholme Partnership School Council and our representatives regularly attend meetings and we participate in events;
- explaining to the other children things that come out of the school council – events coming up, issues that they need be aware of etc;
- and by being a good role model.