Wear your Highlands School uniform with pride
The Governing Body of Highlands Primary School has decided that all children should wear clothing that is in keeping with a purposeful learning ethos and is based on the following principles:
- Promotes a sense of pride amongst the children in the school
- Engenders a feeling of community and belonging
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be)
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents
- Has been designed with health and safety in mind.
- Impacts positively on attitudes to learning
Governors have agreed that children at Highlands Primary School should wear the following uniform:
- Highlands sweatshirt
- White or emerald green polo shirt
- Grey, navy or black school trousers or skirt
- Sensible black shoes – not high heeled!
- (No jeans or leggings)
- During the warmer weather girls may wear blue checked dresses.
- If your child has long hair we ask it to be tied back with a sensible bobble of school colours.
For reasons of both Health and Safety and personal hygiene children must change for every PE lesson. We understand how expensive uniform is and so have purchased the following for each child:
- Black shorts
- Pale blue T-shirt
- Soft soled sandshoes
Please send additional clothing for outdoor PE in the cold months.